Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I'm having a problem with others being able to unzip my

Customer Question
file. I'm also having a...
I'm having a problem with others being able to unzip my file. I'm also having a problem with a green background when I copy and past from the Internet.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
6/24/2016
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That suggests to me that your computer might have corrupted software, or even (hopefully not, but possibly) a virus or malware infection.

Have you passed the ZIP file through a anti-virus scanner that is not on your computer? one way to do this is to email the ZIP file as an attachment, to a Yahoo! email address, which will scan the attachment. Some other email facilities also do this with email attached files.

Can you Un-Zip the file yourself, on your own computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

OK. Then, how did you Zip (or, compress) the file, in the first place?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I saved it and it zipped

What program did you save it from, please?

And what zip program zipped it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pages, I went to file -save

Is it a password-protected file?

What happens, or what error do you get, when you try to un-Zip the file yourself?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there?

I'm here.

What error do you get when you try to Un-Zip the file yourself?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have a problem un zipping it myself. It's a problem when I send it to others by e-mail.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I download word?

Can you un-zip the file yourself, on your own computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I need help

OK... have I answered the question about the zip file?

Do you need help with a different question, about downloading MS Word?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I don't know how to unzip it. You haven't told me anything you continue to ask me questions

OK. I see. Is your computer a Windows PC? or an Apple computer?

Windows PCs of recent make have the ability to open / decompress a folder or file that is Zip compressed, by simply double-clicking on it. If yours isn't Windows XP or earlier, and is a Windows PC, something is wrong with the file.

Check that the file is not a password-protected file, by checking its full file name, to make sure it is in this form:

filename.ZIP

rather than

filename.secure.zip

or the like.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have an IMac

Then I'm not sure what the problem is, but I suggest that you might have a problem with Pages, with the ZIP-producing part of it.

If you can re-install Pages, that might help with the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I paid you to tell me you didn't know?

I am sorry if it seemed that way. But I had to ask all those questions, to try to figure out what was wrong.

Try reinstalling Pages, if you can without losing license to that software. It might just be just what the problem needs, if Pages is slightly corrupt or defective.

Russell H., Computer Support Specialist