Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I am logged into my Google analytics account. I need to add a new website and get the Google analytics ID for that...

Customer Question
I am logged into my...
I am logged into my Google analytics account. I need to add a new website and get the Google analytics ID for that website to enter it into the website. I can't figure out how. Please explain every step in detail on how to do that.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
6/13/2016
Software technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi Kevin, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?

Are you the Administrator of the Analytics account?

Also, can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in the process?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Win8 and I'm the only person using it and the google account, but I have not used the Google account in several years, but I am logged into the Google account. I see other domains listed in the account that I entered years ago. aal I want to know in how to add my new domain name and get the Gggole analytics ID to add to my new website.

Thank you for that information Kevin. Please follow these steps:

1. Access your Analytics account by going to this link:
    https://www.google.com/webmaster
  2. Sign in to your Google account when prompted. The sign in button is at the top right corner of the page
  3. You shall see all other sites listed there. Then click the button "Add a Property"
  4. Enter the URL of the website (like http://interactivegeeks.com, include www or http or https))
  5. Then click ADD button
  6. You will then get procedures in verifying the ownership of the site by downloading a small file and uploading it to your website.
  7. Follow the 4-step procedures and when done, complete the captcha and then VERIFY your site.
  8. After successful verification, click continue.
  9. Click on the gear icon at the top right part of the screen, then click on Google Analytics Property
  10. Then you shall see all sites with Analytics information. Select any of your website with Analytics associated with it, click to select it.
  11. Then click SAVE

Please tell me when done. More procedures to follow.

Jess

Hi Kevin,

After doing the webmaster procedures, please do the following in Analytics:

1. Open a new web browser tab and then access your Analytics account by going to this URL:
    https://analytics.google.com/
  2. Sign in to your Analytics account
  3. When you see your dashboard, click on ADMIN link at the top of the page
  4. First, you will see the first site listed. If you have several sites listed, you will see all of them by clicking on the combobox below "ACCOUNT"
  5. So click on that combobox below "ACCOUNT" then click on "CREATE NEW ACCOUNT"
  6. In the NEW ACCOUNT form, enter your website information
  7. Then click "GET TRACKING ID" button.

That will be all that you need to do in Analytics. What is left for you to do is to verify the account if Google prompts you, but you just need to follow the procedures that Google provides. But if you have already done the webmaster verification process, then there is no verification prompt to show up.

Then you need to enter the tracking code or ID in your website to start tracking your site visitors.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist