Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

Have had excel on my pc ....I converted a pdf file to excel

Customer Question
have had excel on my...
have had excel on my pc for years....I converted a pdf file to excel via my subscription to Adobe....now it says my excel, converted from client pdf, is an unlicensed product and I can't do anything with it.
Help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
6/7/2016
Software technician: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

how long have you been using the product and which product is saying its licence is expired, let me know the exact error message you get.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My excel/Office is several years old,
client sent me pdf versions of several excel spreadsheets
I bought a monthly subscription from adobe (last week)
file converted nicely, but the file name says unlicensed product. I can't copy, past, use formulas.....exactly the reason I bought the Adobe subscription.

you are basically converting xls file to pdf is that correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I'm not a novice....I can go anywhere you direct me....
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, backwards....client delivered to me a pdf copy...I converted to excel...

I am trying to understand the error you are getting is from MS Excel or Adobe pdf converter.

can you post a screen shot of the error you are getting on this chat box.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not receiving any error....I simply have a totally dead excel spreadsheet. I can't copy, paste, use formulas, sort...I have no functionality of excel...simply a brighter sharper screen after converting from pdf to excel

alright so its not a license error you are getting which you have mentioned in your initial question post. Is that correct?

Its excel which is not functioning and you were able to work fine on excel 2 days back is that correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't think so, I use excel daily...but you've made a conection.....for the first time in 8 years, I now get a pop up asking me to activate my MS Office....since it's been on my machine for years, I ignored...I just now clicked continue and got a pop up that my copy of office was now registered...but it has been since 2010.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just opened and successfully used excel...my issue has to do only with the pdf file I converted to excel using the Adobe subscription...

are you using an online excel to pdf software?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
don't know...how do I tell ? ....opened a pdf, the "want to convert" button is on the right......

when you open any file in excel what happens

does it open up fine and you are able to make changes

or you get a message to activate it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I receive no message...the spread sheet is dead...unresponsive...the file name at the top (not entered by me) says "unlicensed product"

got it

can you open a word document

does it do the same thing in word as well

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
word is fine...older excel sp sheets are fine...only the converted.....

all the converted files have this problem or just one

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this is my first converted file....

ok got it..so if i understand this correctly you opened a pdf file in adobe

there was convert button

you clicked on it to convert it

now you are unable to open the converted file

is that correct

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not correct.....the file opens..but is non functional in excel....it shows on screen but has no functionality....

ok so the converted file opens in excel but you can only view it..cannot make changes to it

did you select ready only option when converting the file

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
listen, this just isn't working for me...I can input data faster than you can diagnose....no offense...we're old line accountants.....we're faster than most intell chips......I'll exercise my money back guarantee unless you can push that button...got to have this to the client by 9 tomorrow AM

i will opt out and let other experts guide you on this

Software technician: caraleneK, Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.If you want i can log on to your machine to help you as i see you have a dead line for today. Waiting your feedback

caraleneK
caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer