Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have Windows 7. And I want to keep windows 7. I keep

Customer Question

I have Windows 7. And I want to keep windows 7. I keep getting info on Windows 10. I don't want windows 10. but with all the info I've received on windows 10, I don't know if I've pushed a wrong button. Can you help me, or do you know who I can get to help me?
Also, is Windows 10 mandatory?
I wouldn't mind talking on a one on one with someone. Thank you for your reply! I'm really not that knowledgeable when it comes to computers. Lois Spaid
Category: Software
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Did Windows 10 get installed on your computer?

When did you install Windows 10?

Please reply at at the box below. Thank you,

No, Windows 10 is not mandatory. Please do the following steps in order to get back to your Windows 7:

- Click on Start (which is the windows logo icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Settings

; (Or press at the same time the two keys Windows and i on the keyboard)

, then click on Update & security, then click on Recovery

, then there, select the option to go back to your previous Windows version and continue.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

If needed, you can download / run the GWX Control Panel at the website below and use it to disable the Windows 10 upgrade:

http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

If you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix this issue directly for you. If you still need help with this issue or with anything else, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,