Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

Facebook. Just lately some of my Facebook event pages 't

Customer Question
facebook. Just lately some of...
facebook. Just lately some of my Facebook event pages don't show up in event upcoming and I also can't search them on Facebook with the exact spelling. Sometimes I completely redo the event page and it shows up then I have to cancel the other. Why is this happening now after so many years of no issues and what do I do to fix it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
6/1/2016
Software technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 1 year ago
Pete, Computer Expert

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Roger that

Where do you view your upcoming Facebook events?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I go to HOME then EVENTS and all my events are there in order of date. But lately some don't show up and those ones are not searchable on Facebook like all the others. The only way to get to it is with the link.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They are public and can be viewed by anyone if they have the link. I redo the whole thing again and usually they will show up again. Very intermittent issue
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you still looking into this or are I in the correct place for Facebook issues?
Software technician: Nathan, Systems Manager replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Systems Manager

Sorry, misdirected post, please disregard.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i'm in the wrong section. I'm having issues with Facebook
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There must be someone on Just Answer that knows Facebook
Software technician: flopcat98, Consultant replied 1 year ago
flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant

I will have to check how to do it. But it sounds like the event are set to private which would not allow you to search for them .

Facebook also has some issues where it blocks things if they go to too many people. They expect you to pay for the distribution at points that they consider more than personal friends

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They are not set to private and they are fresh with hardly any views

I can log in remotely and look at it from your computer and /or you can add me to your Facebook friends so we can see what they are seeing when you post.

There is an additional charge for that but it seems the best way to really troubleshoot it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is a very common issue online I see with a lot of people. Here is the link of one that doesn't show up on my Facebook events/upcoming. Even when I search the title it should come up in a list like all the others - https://www.facebook.com/events/239406533099484/

They have you flagged as a for profit page

they want their cut if you are going to use them to advertise

see the box with three dots on the right ? i flagged it with a box in the screen shot

you are going to have to pay them to get more exposure.

you can try making a new facebook account and maybe you can do a few from that one before they flag it.

Software technician: caraleneK, Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I sorry you have this problem have you look at your settings you have for managing tags: Settings > Timeline & Tagging see if it set to all view or only me.. Waiting your feedback to help you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Customer I checked those settings and some were set to only me to view. I changed them to all but for example this facebook event titled "Luisa Marshall as Tina Turner at Edmonton Kingsway Legion #175" still doesn't show up on my EVENTS/UPCOMING Like they have for years. Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/events/239406533099484/ It can be found by a search whereas it doesn't show up in a list of things to see but it will show up.

Thanks for your feedback. Also confirm for me all the notifications is turned on please

To on notifications for an event you've responded to with Interested, Going or Maybe:

1. Go to the event
  2. Click in the top right
  3. Select Notification Settings
  4. Click Off to stop receiving all notifications
  5. Click Done

Waiting your feedback

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Don't fully understand. When I go to the event and then Click top right meaning the Arrow down, there is no Notification Settings in that list

sorry if you get to Notification Settings make sure it show on please and click done

Yes i am edit all Notification please

Also look at hide or unhide a group please :

1. Go to the group you want to hide or unhide
  2. Click in the top-right corner
  3. Select Unhide Group

Waiting your feedback

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In notifications setting there is - SOUNDS (which I don't want any) and WHAT YOU GET NOTIFIED ABOUT
(Which doesn't have anything suitable)

Thanks for your feedback have you look at the groups for me

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't use groups

thanks can you now log out of Facebook and back in let see if the changes off setting improve your view .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It has something to do with HOSTED BY. It seems some are hosted by one of my old pages I don't understand how that works.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just realized the ones that are not working are not hosted by me but I'm the one the created them. They are hosted by one of my old Pages can that be changed

Yes I know Facebook have a lot off glitches with old pages setup and new have you look to recreate this pages??

So yes you will need to recreate it on your page… Please, Rate if you are SATISFIED with my help, as this is the only way the site will give me credit for my time. If you still need help, ASK FOR MORE HELP by replying to me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But I'm the one that figured it out

Sorry I was just helping you only you will know how done what on your Facebook site Do you know how to create the new page on Facebook

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i can create a new one. Thank you

Ok let me know if you need help take care

caraleneK
caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer