Shefin, Software Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

Ever since I downloaded El Capitan I am having issues. JA:

Customer Question

Ever since I downloaded El Capitan I am having issues.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Software Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I can't download music, add cds, etc.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Software Technician should know?
Customer: I am also having problems with Safari. I sometimes can't copy items to post to mail or word.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Software Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Software
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. May I know the antivirus softwares you are using? Is it Avast? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I downloaded El Capitan, I am unable to download music from iTunes, add items to the library, add cd's to the library. Also problems with Safari.I do not know if I am using anti-virus software.I do have MacBooster downloaded.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Could you please try downloading the latest updates for your computer? Please check it and let me know if you have already downloaded and installed it. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I finished downloading the updates.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Restart the computer and let me know the response. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had my computer restart.But it didn't.It just shut down.I had to turn it back on.When it came back on, Safari was not open, and I had to track down our conversation in mail to get back here.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Are you able to access internet using Google Chrome? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I downloaded google chrome and it is open
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder Type or copy paste the following ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash. Quit and relaunch Safari to test. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did all that.
Closed Safari.
And opened it again. I am using it right now.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If the issue still persists, try the following. Go to the main drive (HDD) where OSX installed2. Users>'your user name'>Library3. Rename the folder 'safari' to 'safari000'4. Open Safari Application from Launchpad Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So, this should have fixed my permission problems with iTunes?
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If you are able to use Safari properly, please try using iTunes too. Let me know the response. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Itunes is still not working.
I do not have the proper permissions to download music to my computer.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Have you tried logging out and logging into iTunes? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iTunes says I do not have enough access privileges to download music
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And yes, I logged out and logged back in
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please try the following. Go to User(your home folder)/Music. Select/highlight your "Music" folder. Then do Command-I ("Get Info" from the File menu), click on the padlock icon in the lower right of the new window. Enter your user password. Click on your username just above the now-open padlock. Select "Read & Write" if it's on "Read Only," "Write Only," or "No Access." Now having your user account with "Read & Write" privileges (it may have been this way already; still do this next step), click on the gear on the bottom-center of that window. Click on "Apply to all enclosed items." When the pop-up says "Are you sure?" (or the equivalent), say "yes." This will grant access privileges to your user account for all the music files inside your music folder--all your iTunes stuff included). Let me know the response. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CustomerI went to the music folder and clicked "Get Info".There is no padlock. At all. I have seen it in other parts like system preferences.
There is a section titled "Sharing & Permissions", but I can not click on it.All this started after I downloaded El Capitian.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah, it finally opened. Just a second.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read it over, and I do have read & write access.I also run this off my external, so just a moment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I checked not my external drive and iTunes, iTunes media and Music all have read & write
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please restart the computer once again, and try accessing iTunes. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not make any changes. It was already listed as Read & Write. I did not change anything.
I have restarted my couple a few times already.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please make sure that you are using the latest version of iTunes and there is no update pending for iTunes. If the issue persists, reboot into Recovery (hold Command-R at boot), then load Disk Utility and then you can fix permissions under First Aid. Open Disk Utility, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder.Select the startup disk from the list of volumes.Click the First Aid tab.To check permissions, click Verify Disk Permissions. To repair permissions, click Repair Disk Permissions. Let me know the response. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I clicked the First Aid, there was not an option to Verify Disk permissions.
I will go ahead and try iTunes anyway.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I logged out of iTunes.
I closed iTunes.
I relaunched iTunes.
Signed in.
Still not able to download music.Should I run First Aid on the external drive where I store iTunes?
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Open the Terminal application (found in /Applications/Utilities/) and use the following syntax to repair a volumes permissions. Repairing permissions may take a while, just like it did from Disk Utility. sudo /usr/libexec/repair_packages --repair --standard-pkgs --volume / Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change. Still can't download anything. I tried to run it again.
It seems to not be doing anything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now it just asked for my password.
I typed it.
it says command not found
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, First, open iTunes and let it open for 15 minutes. If the issue persists, try the instruction sin the link below.http://macreports.com/os-x-el-capitan-itunes-not-working-fix/ Thank you.S H E F I N