Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

I have a legal PDF form that was downloaded from a Courts

Customer Question

I have a legal PDF form that was downloaded from a Courts website that needs to be filled out. It has interactive fields and is text searchable but needs to be "flattened out" by Printing to PDF before I can E-file it. When I print to PDF in both Adobe acrobat DC and Foxxit reader the spaces that were interactive remain text searchable, but, the other print that was already on the form becomes non text searchable...how can I save the form completely text searchable? I have tried my HP printer scan to OCR and an OCR software but it converts with too many errors....!!!
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I find it very rare that FoxIt would fail in any respect with a PDF document. This is the first time in several years that I have heard of such a thing. What precisely is 'flattening out' ? that would require Print To PDF to be done?Why is the original Court form in PDF format not good as it is? Is the print, once it is converted by printing to PDF, of lower quality, more grainy-looking? if so, that could impede OCR recognition by scan-to-OCR. Try a high-quality setting in your print-to-PDF, from FoxIt, and you might have a solution that allows the text to still be searchable (to be searched, it has to be recognizable/legible to the machine.)