caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer
Experience:  You one stop software Engineer
75835320

I recently changed my OS to El Capitan and found out it's not

Customer Question

I recently changed my OS to El Capitan and found out it's not compatible with Final Cut 7. Now i have to get final cut x which i don't want. i'm used to 7 and don't want the added expense.
What are my options? Can i go back to a previously compatible OS?
I have a 2011 macbook pro...thank you.
Category: Software
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I got Final Cut 7 to work fine on El Capitan. It a mission to go back to your old OS but if you want i can assist you with the reload. But I will suggest let see if we can get Final Cut to work for you. Please Also upgraded Mac pro 5,1 on the machine if complete re-run the FCP 7 installer and test Final Cut plz...Waiting your feedback
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

someone installed it for me i don't think i have the discs

Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the feedback have you upgrade Mac pro 5.1 on your machine?? We will need the software to reinstall it.Waiting your feedback
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.
Hello just follow-up to see if you find a copy of your software for me to help you. Even if you go back to the old OS you will need the software copy. Waiting your feedback.