Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming.
74139101

I have Microsoft 10 and it is not working well. I have had

Customer Question

I have Microsoft 10 and it is not working well. I have had Avast antivirus on all other versions of Microsoft. However, I am unable to load Avast on Microsoft 10. Can you help me?
Category: Software
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello Joe and welcome.Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.What version of Avast do you have and do you get any errors?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a late version, but I am not sure which one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it is Avast internet security.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
I would recommend uninstalling it and re-installing it with a fresh setup file from the Avast website:https://www.avast.com/windows-10-antivirus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That has been tried twice. Version 10 would not accept it.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Is it a paid version of Avast?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
I would have to take a look at it myself via a remote session, it's impossible to tell you what the underlying problem is from your description
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Martin, can you uninstall version 10 and install version XP? I used XP without any problems. Have had a lot of problems with version 10.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Windows XP?If you installed Windows 10 over XP you cannot go back to XP, you can only if you made an upgrade from Windows 7 or 8
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
I sent you a request for a remote support session, do you see it in the "View offer" list?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that XP is not available. It was a good system.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
How did you get Windows 10 installed?Is it a new computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a new computer, but Microsoft installed version 10 over the internet.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Well in that case, Joe. I would recommend a more advanced program since you've gone to Windows 10.Click HereThis program has anti virus, anti malware, protection against phishing (hacking attempts) and cleans your system regularly keeping it running optimal.I would recommend using that for Windows 10 as opposed to Avast.Another option would be Malwarebytes Premium but this one is only for malware and some virus protection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do we switch form Avast to Windows?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean?Avast is an anti virus program, Windows is an operating system (the place you install Avast on)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Martin, It looks like we were unable to solve my problem. I would appreciate it if you would cancel my Visa bill.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I install the advanced antivirus program for Windows that you recommended?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Click on the link I provided:Click Here To View Link
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
It should have a button to the left to purchase it which will take you to the download section.That will give you full protection and system maintenance on Windows 10 and it also works on other versionf of Windows like 7 and 8.If you have other computers, you can install it on those too without having to purchase an extra licence.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Do I need to uninstall Avast first?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Not necessary, the program will prompt you to do so during the installation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I have tech support with Avast. Does Microsoft provide this service with the software?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Microsoft doesn't provide service for any software other than their own (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) but it is compatible with Microsoft if that's what you're referring to. Yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Martin. I will look at the software you mentioned. However, I would like to have my Visa bill canceled for this session.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
No problem Joe,You may contact billing on 1(###) ###-####If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you could take a moment to click on one of the green stars at the top to rate me for my time, it would be greatly appreciated!Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.Regards,Martin