Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

Facebook Group Events - How to restrict attendance to only

Customer Question
people in the group? Basically...
Facebook Group Events - How to restrict attendance to only people in the group? Basically, I only want members of the group to attend events created for this group. My Privacy is Public Group. Anyone can see the group, its members and their posts. Membership approval is Any member can add members, but an admin must approve them.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
4/27/2016
Software technician: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.I have enclosed an image of a Facebook Group Privacy Setings.It shows that a group that is public (as you have your group set) will allow ANY, from ANY, to joinSee image attached.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, ***** ***** aware of those policies, that is why I asked this question. The attachment you posted does not say anything about Events. Basically, I have the group set where an admin must approve people who want to join the group. I now what to do the same for events created in the group. That is, restrict who can say they are going to the event. This restriction needs to be "only people in the group" can go to this event. There must be a facebook app that does this. I want all the posts to be public but just put this restriction on the group events. Please find a solution, basically a facebook app. In a closed group can ONLY group members join the Event?
Event Privacy setting are dependent upon the Overall Group Privacy Settings.There is NO SEPERATE spot to change privacy settings for an EVENT within a Group to be DIFFERENT that the Group Privacy Settings..The only thign that is availabel on FB, is to set the Event to Public or Private..If you want your group to be private, but yoru event public.....the workaround is to make the group public.....create the event as public.....then GO BACK and change your group to private..Other than that.....its all i know of....but if you give me a few more minutes....i will pull my colleagues over for a session to discuss this further, to come to a concluding census, and a final decision.Please Stand-by
Your question:In a closed group can ONLY group members join the Event? Answer: Yes, only members of the group can join an event that is closed/private..Also, when you setup an Event as the Host (in a closed/private scenario), there should be a box that you can check for changing HOW people are added (allowed/registered) to the Event, either by Host approval ONLY.....or by allowing other members of the Event to accept or deny any subsequent people who wish to join the event..Does all that make Sense?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Having to approve members to an event is not good. Please see you can find any alternatives. Thanks
Yes i am aware of this.....that is why i mentioned the WORKAROUND for you.This makes your EVENT PUBLIC......but keeps your GROUP PRIVATE..the workaround is to change the group to public.....THEN, create the event as public.....then GO BACK and change your group BACK to private..That Help?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are there any facebook apps that does what you mentioned?
Unfortunately....no.This is a Manual process..Please take a moment to rate my performance.Thank you!
Did you have a followup question?If not....Please take a moment to rate my performance.Thank you!
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070