Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I'd like to know if there's any way on Authorize.net to hold

Customer Question
I'd like to know if...
I'd like to know if there's any way on Authorize.net to hold the money from a client before making the charge. And than if it's necessary to make this charge.
I work with vacation rental and I'd like to use this "hold money" features to make sure that if the person doesn't pay me at the arrival, or cancel the reservation, I still have some way to charge them.
Is it possible for the client to cancel the money on hold? Or they're going to have to open a dispute to make this cancellation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
4/7/2016
Software technician: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 1 year ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
are you able to accept payment in advance of the trip or take it by means other than credit card to avoid the dispute process?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi sir. I don't think you understood my question.
I don't want to charge the client. Id rather receive it all in cash at the arrival. So I would like to run their credit card and keep the money "on hold" instead of charging it. GOt it?
If you run the card it will be paid and then you would need to refund as needed. To put on hold you could deposit money and return or get check and return. You may see if credit card company will hold off processing the payment until you authorize it too. I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sir., with all due respect I am not confident with your answer. Please opt out
Software technician: Kamil Anwar, Software Specialist replied 1 year ago
Kamil Anwar, Software Specialist
You can use the AUTH_ONLY parameter to hold the funds, they will go to your unsettled transactions with a status of Authorized/Pending Capture, and when you capture the transaction it will then go to your settled transactions. The bank has complete access to cancel funds on HOLD. Once the funds are settled, meaning you get them, then the bank and the customer can only do a charge back by disputing it. In both cases, the customer and their bank have more control. The only safest way without risk of charge back, or cancellation is to take payments by cash or by bank. If a transaction is in pending capture mode, then you only have 30 days to capture it. You will have to speak to Authorize.net on how you can make use of this feature. The last time i did it was by integrating their module with our site, and then having our developer code it with functions we needed.
Kamil Anwar, Software Specialist