Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

Trying to print an entire website. Used Adobe Acrobat to create

Customer Question
trying to print an entire...
trying to print an entire website. Used Adobe Acrobat to create PDF from Website and specified the entire websited (as well as other settings) only about 50% of the site is converted.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/5/2016
Software technician: Martin, Network Engineer replied 1 year ago
Martin, Network Engineer
Hello there and welcome!It's quite possible the website has a robots.txt file which doesn't allow crawling the entire site, or that some pages are unable to convert to PDF due to scripts. What's the URL?You should get HTTrack and rip the website with that first, then try converting it to PDF.Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
URL is www.rubensteinpartners.com
You want to convert the whole website to PDF or just the front page?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the entire site. I used adobe acrobat / create pdf / from web page / www.rubensteinpartners.comi played with the settings but not able to get it to print the biographies or the property descriptions.
There's a website specifically for that which works great:http://pdfmyurl.com
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i also used linkchecker 9.3 but that did not link me to the missing pages.
is there a free version of pdfmyurl.com I can pay for this once but this is not an option for every time we are trying to make a change to the website
The javascript which causes the images to pop up won't be possible because the software cannot follow it as a path
This is what it looks like
But I suspect you'd run into the same problems you are now with Adobe. The Javascript action is to popup a window, not a direct path to the destination you're trying to print
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i got that far and farther by also printing out the news articles. how do I print out the content of the javascript popup windows.
You won't be able to do that automatically, you'd have to print them manually
It's not mathematically possible through programming as "javascript:void(0);" is not a path
The only way you could make that work is if you host an alternate site just for this purpose, where instead of having javascript:void(0); you have the page go to a new page with the content.That way the search spider can go to the page, print it as PDF and continue with the rest of the site.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
so there is no way to print from the website? we created the website in wordpress. I there a way to create an export document that can then print out a pdf of how the popup windows will look ( and do the entire website rather than go through a two step process).
There are plugins for that but you will run into the same problem as it is like trying to divide by 0 using different methods of approach.https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-pdf-generator/You either need to create a mirror site without javascript or download the site with HTTrack which mirrors the whole site for you so you can save a copy locally.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
even HTTrack does not seem to work
I coveted the site but I don't see the the property description or employee bios
You mustn't have set it up correctly, I ran it on your site and it copied everything
I can upload it and send it to you if you like
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yes but How would I print the pop ups other than one by one which I can do from the website now?
HTTrack is so you can save the website to your computer - it would allow you to use it as a local website to have a reference of what it looked like before the changes and to show your peers.You won't be able to automaitcally print the pages linked via javascript as all the programs that do that follow paths and javascript popup is not a path
I've uploaded the file generated from HTTrack for you here:https://myaccount.dropsend.com/pickup/file/be4c73a040897b83
I have not received a reply from you.If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you're happy with the service I'm providing so far feel free to click on one of the 5 stars above as it would be greatly appreciated!Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.Regards,Martin
Martin, Network Engineer