Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

Looking an application already to go or suggestions

Customer Question

Looking for either an application already to go or suggestions on how to create one (what platform or language etc.) to recreate a manual production board to make it electronic
I am NOT asking for anyone to code or create the application, just suggestions on what might already exist or suggestions as to how to get it created like use JAVA or web based with HTML5 or whatever will actually work.
We have a large white board that has magnetic tiles on it. We write the product on the magnetic tiles and move them on a grid that is drawn on the white board so that once it starts we can write the product label on the tile, then move it to step one, then to step 2 then to step 3 etc.
I need to be able to enter a product ID that will appear on a virtual "tile" and then be able to click that tile and drag it to any square on the production grid. The tiles will need to be color coded (6 color choices) so when creating the tile it will be labeled as a family of products and that family will be one of the 6 colors and the product label will be entered on that tile. Then it needs to be able to click and moved to any grid and then removed when that product is complete. There can be many products at once, some with the same color and label as we make the same product at the same time but on different production lines.
Again - need suggestions on if there is already something like that to use or how to create one - as in what language or web based (and if web based what platform/language/technlogy to use) NOT asking for the actual application, just advice/
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.
I read through your question. Are you looking for software to do this, or do you have a physical whiteboard that you want to interface? If it is just software, that should be fairly simple (IE https://www.groupboard.com/products/) but if you are interfacing with hardware, I would need to know more about the hardware you have.
http://bitli.es/cOnmD7
Is an example, but there are many.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is kind of what I am looking for but there is no way to add "tiles" that I see. It is software, not physical - we want to take the current physical whiteboard - actually think of it as a magnetic board with gridlines as we don't write on the board itself, only on the tiles that we move through the process so I need a way to have a grid - in reality it is 1" tall by 2" wide with 20 columns and 38 rowsin the center, space on the right for comments and space on the right for the tiles to be placed as scheduled by day. As the product is made the tile is physically moved into column 1 then as work progresses physically moved into another column etc. until it is completed and removed from the board.

Each family is a different color paper and the product number is ***** on this paper, paper attached to the magnetic tile, then placed in it's projected day of production. on the left (Monday through Saturday)

Hope that makes more sense - the key is to be able to create the product tile magnet electronically, click and drag to any grid square, and eventually "remove" it when it's finished.

The hope is to be able to have this on a large TV/display rather than the magnetic board with manually written magnets.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so basically just pieces of information that you need to be able to drag and drop from one position on the grid to another?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. See the attached image if the actual board. We write on the magnets seen on the left and move them about the grid in the center area

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. See the attached image of the actual board. We write on the magnets seen on the left and move them about the grid in the center area

Yes... I do see now.