BigDish101
BigDish101,
Experience:  Systems Administrator at TXNJ Enterprises
92961829

So when can i get someone to fix this. Hopfully saturday

Customer Question

Category: Software
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
I have the same problem with my 10 year old Sony plasma. It's caused by the capacitors starting to go bad. Each attempt to fire it up warms them slightly until they work. You have three options. 1. Deal with it. 2. Take it to a TV shop to get the capacitors replaced. 3. Replace it. Since Plasma is old high energy usage obsolete technology I decided to replace it invested in a LCD Samsung about 3 years ago now. If it had happened today I probably would have gone with OLED since OLED looks and behaves more like Plasma. I've put the old plasma in the garage to use in there, in the summer heat it usually comes on in under 3 trys but in winter it can take 20. I'm sorry I don't have better news.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats it. You dont come out to reprogram? Can i get a new coby remote??
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing to reprogram as it is a physical hardware issue. New capacitors need to be soldered onto the circuit board. A new remote isn't going to change anything.