Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I'm trying to set up facebook text messaging and it wont

Customer Question
Hi Pearl JA: How can we...
Hi Pearl
JA: How can we help?
Customer: I'm trying to set up facebook text messaging and it wont deliver to the number it gives me
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: yet I can text other mumbers
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: when I enter the number 32566 to text, my phone keeps putting space inbetween the last two digits, even if I try to delete the number from recents and text it again it does the same thing and says undeliverable
JA: Our top Computer Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Computer Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Computer Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2016
Software technician: GeekGal, Software Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Software Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

I believe that a phone call would be the fastest and easiest way to resolve your issue as I will need to you ask for personal information such as your email address and possibly your account name and password ***** you know it. We are not allowed to exchange personal information on the chat box as it would be visible to all users of the site. For this reason, I and I have offered the Premium Service of a phone call This is optional, and if you choose not to do this, I can try to find a way to help you here.

I believe that what you need to do is go to your messages application, start a new message, type 32665 in the to Field and the letter F in the subject field, then hit send. You will then receive a confirmation code that you will enter on your Facebook Page. This will happen IF you have already entered in your mobile number into the settings for your Facebook Page.

Just in case yo haven't done that, here are the complete instructions:

1. Click at the top right of any Facebook page and select Settings
  2. Click Mobile
  3. Click Add a Phone
  4. Select your country and carrier and click Next
  5. Using your phone, text the letter "F" to 32665 (FBOOK) to get your confirmation code
  6. Enter your code, then click Next​​​

​After you complete these steps you should begin to receive Facebook messages on your phone.

If this information that I have provided has been helpful to you, kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for Just Answer I do not receive credit for my answer or any compensation at all without a rating of 3 stars or more. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
    I am doing that, and it won't deliver the message. I'm thinking it only gives me two options for phone carriers - Optus (Australia) and Telstra yet I'm with Vodaphone. Could that have anything to do with it?
    Customer reply replied 1 year ago
    I chose Optusbecauae Telstra is vodaphones big competitor

Hi there! I apologize for the delay in responding. I just saw your message. That could indeed have something to do with it. Are you located in Australia? Have you considered downloading the Messenger app so you can get the messages that way? If you can download the app to your phone all you will have to do is sign in using your Facebook user-id and password. You can go to the Google App store and search by Messenger (developer will be Facebook) if you have an Android or from the Apps store on your iPhone (again make sure that developer is Facebook). I am attaching a photo of the app's icon. Be sure that you get that one. If you can't use the app for any reason, please let me know and we'll start from the beginning and I will walk you step by step through setting up Facebook text messaging.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
    Hi yea I'm aware of the messenger app but I'd rather the text messages. I tried both the Telstra and Optus options and both failed to send.
    Yes I'm in Australia and my phone is with Vodaphone.
    So far the information you have given me I have already tried before it was suggested I'm sorry to say.
    I guess I should try and contact Facebook.

I've done more research into this and I have contacted Vodaphone. They confirmed that the issue is with them, as I suspected. Their exact words were "Unfortunately twitter and facebook text notifications are not supported at this time." They did however, have some helpful information for turning on Facebook push notifications which you can view here.

I know this is not the answer that you were hoping for, but it is an honest and accurate answer. If my answer has been helpful to you, please take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for Just Answer I do not receive credit for my answer or any compensation at all without a rating of 3 stars or more. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

GeekGal
    GeekGal
    GeekGal, Software Support Specialist