Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I lost connection to programs in my favorites and Amazon

Customer Question
Hi. I lost connection to...
Hi. I lost connection to programs in my favorites and Amazon videos. How can I retrevive them.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
3/21/2016
Software technician: Tim, Sr. Engineer replied 1 year ago
Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Can you please provide more detail as to what the problem is and when it started?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hopefully you can help
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It just started this evening. It keeps telling me can't connect. I was having trouble with a video, and may have inadvertently cancelled Internet connection

You may have turned off WiFI by mistake. Is this a new IPAD? If so swipe from bottom up until you see a menu

Or follow these steps.

Go to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> switch on Wi-Fi and choose an available Wi-Fi network -> enter the password ***** join it. Or Go to Settings -> General -> Network -> turn on Wi-fi -> choose the possible Wi-Fi network and enter the password.

Once connected, you will see a Wi-Fi icon appeared in the status bar which tells you the connection strength.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not have menu. Would it be on settings

Yeah, please see the above steps i lined out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will try thank you

I need to step away for 10 minutes, please let me know if you need more help, if that did it, please rate me in the upper right hand corner as i do this for a living. I will be back to check to see if you need further help.

Here is a document from apple, its for both iphone and ipad. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202639

I will be back to check on you as soon as i can Susan.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still not connecting. The bars are connecting, but the sites like Facebook and whatnot won't open

do you see a wifi status ?

are you on a PC right now thats the same network you want to use your ipad on? (making sure network is available for the ipad)

You should see this icon in the upper left hand corner http://www.tildee.com/uploads/2-01-2012/D43F0430-CE97-464B-8D2D-0FE9B7DC0A3B.jpg

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I'm not. I am not at home. Using connection from friends computer set up

ok, do you know your firneds WIFI password ***** the name of their network?

Thats an important piece of info, if you do not know which network to connect to, or the password ***** won't be able to connect, especially if they do not have WIFI, which i'm sure they do.

so 1. they Must have WIFI, not just a signal computer online. 2 You need to know the name if their WIFI network and select it from the list, as well as the password ***** it.

1. Tap Settings.
  2. Tap WiFi. Wait a moment as your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch detects the WiFi networks in range.
  3. Find your friends wifi from the list of available networks (SSIDs) and tap it.
  4. Wait a few seconds while your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch connects
  5. Enter the password, capitalization mattes.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think when I went to check it I may have pressed without network to log in. Any way to fix that

i'm not sure exactly what you are referring to..there is no such option.

Also, you have no answered rather or not you know the network ID, or password ***** the network.

Also make sure you are not in "airplane mode"

your settings should look like this http://www.theinternetpatrol.com/starbucks-attwifi-connect-20100505-112405.jpg and ask to connect to networks should be set to yes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do know id and password. When I went to put in id, a screen came up that said log in. I accidentally pressed without network

your talking about on a website, or in settings?

And its not the ID and password, its the NETWORK NAME and password ***** the wifi, you are not connected to the wifi thus the problem...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Settings

so you located the network name, correct? after that, it will only ask you for the password, no user ID.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I send you info to possibly troubleshoot

Sure.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'd is 2WIRE790_EXT. Password *****(###) ###-####

Thats no use to me since I am not there......I can't use that info. Check if airplane mode is on Please.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Wi-Fi or Settings > Bluetooth. You can also turn on Wi-Fi or Bluetooth from the Control Center. Swipe up from your Home Screen and tap or . To use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your Apple Watch, just turn off Airplane

is there a network called "2WIRE790" as well as 2WIRE790_EXT?

Try connecting to it with same password

2WIRE790_EXT is a separate network they may have not set up the password *****

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I may try again tomorrow. Getting late. Thanks for trying

I'm pretty sure that IS the problem.

the network you need is 2WIRE790" not 2WIRE790_EXT.

Let me know how that works.

Tim
Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer