Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I have a new version of FIX-IT that will not load. The error

Customer Question
states that the software could...
I have a new version of FIX-IT that will not load. The error states that the software could not remove the old version (windows 7). Secondly the box for the new version states Window 10,but the disc says windows XP,Vista, 7 or 8.
Help Joe PS is there a phone number I can use to talk to A Tech?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
3/19/2016
Software technician: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can you tell me the full name of the program you are using?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
FIX -IT Utilities Professional

Is the old version still installed on your computer and working?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No!

I know this is going to sound counter-intuitive but re-install the old version.

Once done download the free version of Revo Uninstaller from here:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

When you use it to uninstall the old version of Fix-It, select Advanced mode

to make sure it removes all traces of the program.

Then install the new version.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have the old software. Why does the new software disk state for Windows XP,Vista,7 or 8?

It's possible the disk does work with Windows 10. The issue is that there are leftover remnants of the

old version that are keeping the program from installing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I bought the Software the box clearly states for use with windows 10. Best-By will not except a return on open software, what next?

Give what you describe, they may make an exception for such a blatant discrepancy. In any event, it's probably a

Windows registry entry that's stopping the installation. Download CCleaner from here:

http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

click the green Download button in the upper right of the page.

This program has a lot of utilities but you're only interested in the Registry cleaner option

which you'll see from the vertical menu on the left when you run the program.

Select Registry from the menu on the left then Scan for Issues and fix all the issues it finds.

Make sure to scan for issues twice.

Then try to install the new version.

Tell if I've got this right. You had Windows 7 and you had Fix-it installed. You upgraded the machine to

Windows 10 and Fix-it either quit working or disappeared after you upgraded the machine so you got the new version and now you're having this problem. Does that sound about right so far?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that is right. But I removed version 7. I have a annual contract with the Geek Squad. They just completed a system clean-up and tried to install this software. No luck!
On the box there is a 90 Day money back Guarantee. I would like to used this option since this clearly is not working
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The upgrade was complete by the Geek-Squad. In all the system is working fine. I think the wrong version is in the wrong Box.

This is JustAnswer.com, a paid support site. Avanquest is the company that develops and sells Fix-It so

you would need to contact them concerning this matter.

You can contact JustAnswer customer service at 1.***-***-**** for a refund of their charges.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Byron I think this is my only option at this point. I am very disappointed I liked version 7 and used it for many years. I hope Fix-It fines a solution so I my try it again.

How long ago did you upgrade to Windows10?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Some time in the beginning of 2016.

If it's been that long there would be no way to roll back to Windows 7, remove Fix-it, then upgrade again

to Windows 10. Hopefully Avanquest will send you a version that you'll be able to install. Good luck.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks again for your help.Joe

You're welcome. Have a great evening.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist