Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

How do I "place" my photo if the place button is not

Customer Question
highlighted in my templete??? I...
How do I "place" my photo if the place button is not highlighted in my templete??? I really need to get this resolved.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2016
Software technician: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, what program is it that you are trying to fill out a template in?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a Dell and am using windows 8 program. I have template's made for my web site and have my logos saved in Adobe Cs5. When I open my templates it will not allow me to even click on place. When I am not in my template's it allows. I need my template's in order to mark my logo on my photos, but it does not give me the option to even place the photo.

To be clear, the template you are opening, you are opening it within the which program within adove CS5.. as the cs5 collection is a suite of programs.

What specific program are you attempting to open the template in when it wont let you click or edit ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the temples saved in Adobe Cs5. It will not allow me to place a photo in my template's which is a huge problem for me.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The templet's were created in Adobe.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Adobe Illistratior cs5

I tried to accept your request for our secure remote assistance, the system told me that payment failed. So I am sending that offer back to you to approve.

In the meantime, in illustrator once you open the template, are you using the file > place command to select an image and then place it in your illustrator document?

http://www.dreaminfinity.com/nocturne/tutorials/illustrator-tutorials/placing-images/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I go open the templet and click file. I do see place there but it is all in grey. So it is not an option to even let me place the photo. Also I thought I pay once you have finished helping.

The secure remote connection you requested, is considered a premium service. It requires payment for that service before it is started. And if the session isnt successful, then that payment is refunded.

As far as place being greyed out. Can you go to edit>preferences menu, and make sure you dont have your startup scripts unchecked? if so, put a check in them and restart your computer.

If they werent unchecked, then check and see if you go to the "select" menu, if you have a check next to "edit in quick task mode" click it and remove that check.

Does that allow you to use the place command?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK I will pay the payment. How do I do so? It will not charge me in the future for a fee unless I ask a question correct? Let me see if what you said works.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do see see the preferences button but not the start up scripts button it doesnt give me that option
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I have the layers locked it will not give me the option to click place either.

You normally cant place or edit anything if you have your layers locked.

Also, did you check inside illustrators menus, if you go to the "select" menu, do you have a check next to "edit in quick task mode" .. If so, remove that checkmark and restart illustrator.

As far as being charged in the future, you would only be charged a fee if you asked a new question or started a duplicate question by accident, or if you signed up for the monthly subscription.

D.S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi there,
It does not give me an option to restore Illistratior. Also I go to the select menu and do not even see an option edit quick task node it isn't ubder anything.

Lets make sure there isnt an issue with your preferences file, heres how to reset illustrators preferences. Start with illustrator closed..

You can reset Illustrator’s preferences by holding down Shift + Control + Alt while launching the program. If you get a dialog asking if you want to delete the Adobe Illustrator settings folder, click yes to proceed. Restart Illustrator.

Once started, load your template and then make sure your layers arent locked. Add a new layer if needed.. Is the place command working now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried the shift ctrl and alt button nothing happened.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The Ai isnt even lit up could Tha be why it's not working?

To clarify, what exactly do you mean when you say the Ai isnt lit up?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The logo for Adobe Illistratior

To reset the preferences.. You have to start with illustrator completely closed.

And then press and hold the down Shift + Control + Alt, and while holding those keys then click to start Adobe illustrator. Does that bring up the menu asking you to reset preferences?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Doesn't do anything and nothing pops up when I click shift ctrl alt

This page outlines an alternate method to delete the preferences file by going into the %appdata% folder.

https://zethinovaworks.wordpress.com/2012/04/12/restoring-and-deleting-preferences-in-adobe-illustrator-for-windows-7-or-vista-users/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This obviously isn't working. I can't loose all the layers I have created.

Deleting the preferences file for the main illustrator program..

Will not change or remove anything from your actual project or document files.. You cant remove a layer in a project by resetting or deleting the illustrator preferences...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi it does not even give me the option to do anything. I will be taking my computer to a local store to have them look into it. Thanks for your help

Understood. My apologies that we didnt achieve better results, and best of luck to you.

Dustin S.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist