Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

There seems to be a problem with osCommerce. The issue is

Customer Question
There seems to...

There seems to be a problem with osCommerce. The issue is I am still unable to navigate to the checkout screen because it will not allow me to enter a city on the shipping information page. So I cannot get to the checkout to verify everything that is needed.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
3/15/2016
Software technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 1 year ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Please use another web browser, such as Internet Explorer, to go to the same web site and check if you can enter a city in the City box.

Let me know if that worked.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Just tried internet explorer and got the same result.

It could be a problem with the checkout form. Please copy and paste here the address (URL) of the checkout page so that I can take a look.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

http://www.yogaayurveda.org/catalog/checkout_shipping_address.php

I clicked to create a new account and noticed the "City" box was there.

Please try to create a new account by clicking on this link:

http://www.yogaayurveda.org/catalog/create_account.php

Sign out of the current account first.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Did the client ever sign out?

Hello again!

I don't understand your reply. Have you tried with a new account?

Thanks for the picture!

I created an account myself and was able to type the full address information, including a city. I then added a product and clicked Checkout; however, I received the same message as you did:

"Shipping is currently not available for the selected shipping address"

I then tried with another address, and the same message remained.

The part of the page below where the missing "City" box is located is used only when you want to add a new shipping address, that is different than the one used when creating an account. So, you don't need to enter anything there, especially since you cannot type a city name due to a web site programming problem.

So, since the web page displays the same message for any address typed, it means the problem is not with your computer or web browser, but it is the web site problem. It is possible that they are making some changes on the web site, so they disabled all new orders.

Because of that, I suggest contacting them and asking if there is another way of ordering the products, or if they could fix the current problem.

Phone number: (408)(###) ###-####/strong>
E-mail: *****@******.***

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I am the webmaster for Dr. Shanbhag but the problem seems to be with osCommerce or the payment gateway module that they are using, so where do we go from here?

I thought you were just a customer trying to order some products from the site.

Since you are a webmaster who needs assistance, I will opt-out and allow more experienced Programming Experts to take a look at this problem.

Regards,

IT Miro, Computer Scientist