Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

SHORT DST CHECK FAILED failure ID

Customer Question

SHORT DST CHECK FAILED failure ID PQ9H6C-7SJ825-RXG2MG-60U803 what does this mean, how can I fix it
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you getting this error in your HP computer after running a diagnostic test?

Is your HP computer still covered with warranty?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back. But did you get this error message in an HP computer?

If yes, are you still able to use the computer despite the error now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a hp notepad computer, and no unable to use it, it keeps freezing up.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Unfortunately, the error message that you are getting indicates that your Hard Disk Drive, the component of you computer where your Windows and data are stored, is failing, or has already failed.

Therefore your only option is to replace the Hard Disk Drive.

If your computer is still under warranty, contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced with the compatible Hard Disk Drive. You can check the status of your warranty in this link.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

I highly recommend that if you send or bring your computer to HP service centers, please ask the technician to FIRST recover your personal data like pictures, documents and other files on the failing hard disk drive BEFORE it is too late -- before the drive is totally dead in which case data will no longer be retrievable.

I know this is not the kink of answer you wish to hear and I hate to be the bearer of this bad news to you. But it will be unprofessional of me and unfair to you if I will not disclose to you the reality of this case. At least I have shed light on the matter and save you some time.

At this point you placed a deposit. I will only get credit for answering you if you rate positively (3 to 5 stars/faces). It is all up to you if you want to credit me for my time and help or not. You can ask for a refund if you do not want to pay. Here is a link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Please do not rate me negatively (1-2 stars/faces) in case you want to request for a refund. You can leave my service unrated.

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess