Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Acrobat Reader and iPad App is giving me visibility to my…

Customer Question
Acrobat Reader for iPhone and...
Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad App is giving me visibility to my attachments hanging off my PDF, but I can't open them. When I tap on the file I get: "The document could not be opened." These PDF documents are created with my Sperry Software Outlook Add-In "Save As PDF" which automates the naming and saving AS PDF certain emails retaining their attachments in their original format (Excel, Word, PDF). These PDF files are uploaded to a cloud environment, such as Salesforce or Google Drive. These PDF files and attachments are easily accessible from the desktop via Modzilla Firefox once sertain Menu/Options/Applications settings are made.
But I have tried Modzilla, Safari, and Google browsers in conjunction with the Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad App and can can not get any closer to opening these files attached to the PDFs than: "The document could not be opened." So I can view the "email" that was saved as a PDF, but the attachments, are not visible in the browsers, and not open-able when I choose "View in..." Acrobat - and it copies and opens in the Acrobat App.
What can I do, to open these attachments?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
3/8/2016
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you cannot open the Attachments when they are saved separately from the email, as PDF files, to your hard disk, with anything... then you're simply running up against something being wrong with the sender's PDF file quality.

If it is otherwise, if those PDF attachments, when saved to your hard disk separately from the email, open fine with everything... then you have a different sort of problem, and in that case, let me know. And I will advice you further.

My question is about accessing PDFs (with embedded attachments) off a cloud storage, thus always using a browser application to open, and my question was about accessing from a cellular mobile device.You did not make mention of an iPhone platform or cloud based storage and accessing those files.I took a lot of time writing my question and trying to be clear. Perhaps you read it too quickly?

It seemed to me that you were talking about accessing PDF files after saving emails with attachments (also PDF files) using a Sperry plug-in for your email program to do the saving of those emails.

Is that the subject, or was it just one example?

I am going to pursue another avenue. This question is about accessing PDFs from an iPhone. The creation of the PDFs is the Sperry part, the access it the attachments within the PDFs via an iPhone was the question. Thanks for your efforts. Have a good night.

Thanks. Good-night.