Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I just installed sketchbook first time.when I open it I have…

Customer Question
I just installed sketchbook for...
I just installed sketchbook for the first time.when I open it I have only a blank page. The ribbons do not appear? How do I make the ribbons appear!? Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2016
Software technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Software Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Are you able to click Window, Default Layout?

Does this bring it back in Sketchbook?

there is no Window, default layout .... only white space....

Are you using it on a mac or windows computer?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

is remote support $39 above the $38 already agreed to?

yes, as I then come onto your computer and fix it directly, but it is optional else we continue here as we are doing now

I am looking for a ribbon across the top of the page??? with controls ........ no ribbon shows ?

yes I saw this from your message, but I am trying to ask you please for more information...

I'll repeat

windows 10

ok, you say Toolbars, which are normally on the left, but your also saying the menu items are also missing? So at the top?

on the left is a list of pens ...... no menu at the top ....

Ok, click on the Lagoon which is the round UI element found in the bottom left of your SketchBook Pro application window, and from the 'Interface Controls' , select 'Full UI' .

You then see the top menu?

I have no such element a the lower left

It will be there if you do indeed have sketchbook.

It looks like this

http://www.sketchbook.com/blog/2012/12/05/get-to-know-your-lagoon/

I have SketchBook Pro for Tablet

yes, windows 10 you said right?

yes, then it will be there, please click on the link I gave and it will show you what it looks like.

shows nothing like what you sent me .....

ok, ill connect at no extra cost as something is missing here

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download for Free

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

ok .... its on my notebook ..... this is my desktop ... brb

ok, do the instructions on the one with the app installed please

downloading
basic installation?

yes

my ID
2444 password
I need you ID

connecting

Completed, let me know if you need anything else,m and please remember the rating so I am credited.

Hi there,

I noticed you never performed the rating of my service, after I showed you how the programs and menus worked (at no extra cost for the remote desktop) and after indicated you would do the rating. Was there a reason for this? Or did you just forget? As I see you visited this page a few times since but never performed the rating.

Can you please perform the rating as that is how I am credited and earn my livelihood.

Thank you