Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I just downloaded the latest version of Adobe Reader last

Customer Question

I just downloaded the latest version of Adobe Reader last week when prompted. Now I get a window that states "Adobe Reader has stopped working. Windows is looking for a solution to the problem." The solution never comes and I need to read PDF documents all the time. What can I do?
Category: Software
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Hello James,

My name is*****'m sorry to hear Adobe Reader is giving you problems but I'd be happy to help you resolve them.

Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

If you are comfortable with it, I believe a remote session would be the easiest and most convenient method of resolution. I can fix the issue personally and get you back up and running. There is no extra charge if we use a reputable app called Team Viewer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is frustrating. There should be a simpler way.
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

I understand your frustrations. A remote session would be the simplest way. I would be able to do the fix for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I requested that already, I thought. Why can't you connect and get it done?
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

It will not allow me to connect because it states there is an issue with your payment method.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what issue would that be. I used a valid Visa card.
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, it doesn't state the specific issue for me. It is a generic notice.

However, remote assistance via Just Answer is an additional cost. If we use Team Viewer, it is secure and free. It would just be a quick download on your part.

Do you have a preference?

Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Otherwise, I'll be happy to help you troubleshoot via chat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure. Use the Team Viewer. I think I already paid $38 for this service. I need the problem fixed.
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

I understand. Please go to: http://connect.teamviewer.com/v11 and install the applet it requires. Once done, please launch the application and send me the ID # ***** Password.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Downloaded. What now?
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Upon clicking the link I posted, you will be prompted to install the application.

Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

You can just click "Run" and follow the brief prompts.