Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

In my adobe acrobat I used to be able to share a pdf to my…

Customer Question
In my adobe acrobat I...
In my adobe acrobat I used to be able to share a pdf to my email address in aol. Now it wants to go to MS Outlook and there is no way to send a file through Outlook. How to I set it up to go through AOL again to share a Pdf through emails.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
2/28/2016
Software technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 2 years ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Do you have an AOL program that has your email account tied to it?

Sounds like Outlook is set to the default email program.

thank you
I just need help today - i do not want a free trial of anything
can you help me or not
well, are you there?
are you there???????

I'm here

Go to start menu --> control panel --> default programs --> set your default programs --> mail/email and choose whatever program you use

no...i will not allow access to my computer by someone i do not know. walk me thru it
I have tried all of what you said above and it does not work
are you there or not...i need help...if you can't help then say so. i am so very frustrated right now

What program are you using with your aol email?

i don't understand the question. i am using AOL
as my main use for email. my acrobat keeps wanting OUtlook to send the email to share. how do i change that to AOL again
in other words...when i press SHARE on the side panel to share a pdf through email...it used to go to AOL...now it is defaulting to OUTLOOK and OUTLOOK doesnt send it. THere is no send button on OUTLOOK to actually send a file. I want it to go back to using AOL to attach the file to

Are logging into your email through a web browser or some other program that is similar to Outlook.

NO - I go from the desk top to AOL sign in and use it. I do have internet explorer in my windows 7 but I never use it or chrome to do stuff in as it relates to emails I use only AOL
i have spent most of the morning working on this and even had another technician from Geeks Official and he could not fix it.

when you did the above, did you change it to AOL or what did you do?

okay...there is NO way to do as you ask. There is no mail/email default and there is no program for acrobat that shows in that window. THere is no default choice
aol is shown as the default mail...but acrobat is not using it

I think this will require remote assistance to figure this out.

no..i don't know you - if you can't figure it out without costing me more money than I have already agreed to it is not worth it. Sorry you could not help.

ok

take the 5 bucks and do not charge me any more - this was a waste of time.
are we finished?
or no Cody...I have got all day??

yes