Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I purchased a disk XI 3/3/14 through the UCI bookstore,

Customer Question
I purchased a disk for...
I purchased a disk for Adobe XI 3/3/14 through the UCI bookstore, which at that time and until recently had a contract with Adobe. I keep getting an update message that a "patch" is missing. What to do? UCI no longer has a contract with Adobe.
Don Minckler, MD Prof. Lab Medicine, UCI
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
2/22/2016
Software technician: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

It should not matter if UCI no longer has a contract with Adobe directly.

You purchased the disc, and therefore, you own a copy and you should be able to use regardless of the UCI contract with Adobe.

.

Anyways.....your AdobeXI....which version is it? Is it AdobeXI Standard....or is it Adobe XI Pro?

This message you get.......does it only happen when Adobe trys to UPDATE itself?

Do you get a error message that shows you a number? Like a 4 digit number? For example: 1328

.

I think maybe you will have to UNinstall, and then REinstall, to fix the issue.