Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I can't clear the service required message.I tried downloading a…

Customer Question
I can't clear the service...
I can't clear the service required message.
I tried downloading a software program to reset the counter, but i get a massage that the printer is not on, or there is another problem.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
2/21/2016
Software technician: bbranham3, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
bbranham3
bbranham3, Computer Support Specialist
what model printer is this?

It is an Epson Photo Stylus 340

"Service required. See your manual for details," is related to the waste ink counter. To reset the waste ink counter, press the following three buttons simultaneously, until the unit powers off: Power, Setup, and Stop. Then turn the power back on. to stop this from returning you either need to replace the absorbent pad in the printer of invest in a CIS system for the printer.these keep the waste ink from hitting that sensor that is under the pad.