Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I asked a customer rep in Best Buy software program that…

Customer Question
I asked a customer rep...
I asked a customer rep in Best Buy for a software program that would allow me to add a date and time stamp to mvi videos from my camcorder and SLR digital camera. He handed me Adobe Premiere Elements 14 for my PC and said it would work.
I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to do this task. Can you help me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
2/19/2016
Software technician: sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 years ago
sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer

Is it mvi or avi format ?

MVI format
Software technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 2 years ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
It's not. My camcorder is set up to encode a video with the date and time the video was taken; however, the date and time does not show up when I transfer the video over to a computer, or when I burn it to a DVD. I am trying to figure out how to show the date and time on the video with Adobe Premiere Elements 14.
Software technician: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

If you want to add the Date Time at the beginning follow these s steps please. After you select the template, you can change menu text or the appearance of any of the main menu or scene buttons. You can also delete any button. Because the buttons are linked to the markers, deleting a button deletes the marker that generated it.
1 At the bottom of the Disc Layout panel, click the thumbnail of the menu you want to change.
2 To edit text or buttons not connected to markers, double-click the menu title or button and edit the text in the Change Text dialog box. To use multiple lines, press Ctrl+Enter for each new line. Click OK.
3 To edit buttons connected to markers, double-click the text or button, do any of the following in the Menu Marker dialog box, and then click OK:
• To rename the marker (and the button in the menu), type a new name and click OK. To use multiple lines, press Ctrl+Enter for each new line. Keep the name short so that it fits in the menu and doesn’t overlap another button.
• To select the image you want displayed in the button thumbnail in the menu, drag the Thumbnail Offset timecode, and click OK. (This thumbnail is for the menu display only. If you select the Motion Menu Button option, the video linked to the button starts at the marker location.)
• To delete a button, click Delete. The marker is deleted from the Expert view timeline and the button from the menu. Alternatively, you can right-click/ctrl-click the button’s marker in the Timeline, and choose Clear Menu Marker.

I apologize but I am a novice at this. I couldn't follow along with the instructions. Nothing looked familiar. Thank you for the assistance, though.

I can connect to your computer remotely and check on this for you. I will send you some info on that.

I don't really want to pay more money into this. I have spent $70 on the software and $58 on Justanswer.com and I'm not any closer to solving this issue. Thank you for the help, though.

Your welcome.

You only pay here if you are satisfied and get your problem resolved.