Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My Windows 10 went through a upgrade and now screen is

Customer Question
Hello, My Windows 10 went through...
My Windows 10 went through a upgrade and now screen is flicker. It keep saying don't turn off the computer. Can you help.(###) ###-####
Thank,
Juanita
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
2/18/2016
Software technician: Shefin, Software Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Shefin, Software Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Open task manager by pressing Alt, Ctrl and Delete keys together.

Under file (top left) "Run new task" type in msconfig (yes it is hard to type as screen blinks, but it can be done).

In the new box that opens (it may be behind the task manager box) go to Service Tab, scroll until you find 2 tasks that need to be stopped. (1) Problem Reports and Solution Control Panel Support, (2) Windows Error Report Service.

Disable these by unchecking. Click Apply and click OK. If you are prompted to restart, then restart computer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N