Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I am out of ideas so this is a last ditch effort. I was

Customer Question
Hello! I am out of...
Hello! I am out of ideas so this is a last ditch effort. I was approved through the Just Answer affiliate program to put a JustANswer box on my veterinary blog. I have copied the code and placed it on my site (this is not rocket science). The box shows up, but the links are dead. I've emailed my contact from JustAnswer numerous times, and she gives me the same pat answer each time: "try a different code." I figured I'd be a good sport, so I did. After three failed attempts, there is obviously something else I need to be doing that no one is telling me. I use managed wordpress through godaddy. Maybe someone "on the inside" can help! I have a friend who loves JustAnswer on his blog, but have to say, NOT impressed so far!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
2/18/2016
Software technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 2 years ago
Pete, Computer Expert

Hi Karen,

I'd be happy to assist you with this.

Can you please let me know the URL of the blog?

Let me know if you would also like remote assistance with this...

Pete.

The website is www.vetchick.com I have deleted the code, since it was embarassing. If it would help, I will put it back in so you can see the problem I am talking about. In fact, I'll do that right now! Give me 20 minutes or so to find it, then check the site. Will be bottom center of the home page.

ok, let me know when it's live...

it's live! I have it on the main page, as well as a widget on the sidebar.

Thanks! Cool site!!

I am checking the source code now...

Ok, Karen, the code all looks correct, I cannot see anything wrong with it, so it seems it is not being processed correctly by the WP servers...

I will open this question up to the other programming experts to see if they can shed any light on why it isn't working.

Pete.

Thank you! I'm glad it isn't just me! :)
Software technician: Cory, Computer Support Technician replied 2 years ago
Cory
Cory, Computer Support Technician

Welcome, I am Cory.

Can you paste the code here you are trying to use?

here's the code:Ask a Vet Online
11 Veterinarians are Online Now.
A Question is Answered Every 9 Seconds!
Type your question here...<div id="button_text__justanswer__" style="display: inline-block; position: relative; top: 0.1em; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #ffffff; text-align: center; white-space: nowrap; line-height:

May I fix this for you with a remote secure connection for an additional $26?

Can you give me the corrected, non messed-up code and I can paste it in? ALso, curious what the original malfunction was. I doubt most people don't go through all this just to get a JustAnswer box on their site!

Do you know your affiliate username?

I am attaching a word pad file with the code and how to add the affiliate ID.

Here it is

My affiliate ID is 4363. Do I need to insert it into the code in a certain place?
Looks like it's working. I'd like to center it but am now afraid to touch anything. Can you tell me where to type that in at?
In the word document, it said "how to enter affiliate ID" .....and there was nothing after that. Way to build suspense! :)

Sorry it showed up in my file.

Please let me know if your issue is solved.

Thanks,

Cory

I think it is for the time being. Problem is, I can't test it. I won't know until someone submits a question if it actually goes through and tracks back to me. I guess time will tell.

Yes, true. I did test it and in the site address after submitting, it does look like it is in the right place. Otherwise, the box is working correctly.

If you do not have anymore questions, please remember to rate my answer.

Just following up to see if you need more help with this.

Thanks,

Cory

Thanks for checking back! I know you're probably supposed to close your case. I feel like I'm kinda in a holding pattern until someone actually tries it and I know for sure it works. If you want to consider it closed, we can, and I can ask later if it turns out not working. The person JustAnswer gave me whose supposed to assist with these things has been completely unresponsive. Thanks for your help. I know it was a pain in the ass for all involved.

You can rate the answer, but if you need help later on, you can reply at no additional cost.

Something isn't right, because I just checked my affiliate page, and it says no data. It also says 0 impressions, and my metrics show people have been to my site. Ideas?

You could have the wrong affiliate ID.

You should go to the page where you can create a question box and check the same area to see if they are the same.

I can do it remotely, but it is an additional fee.

Copied straight from the just answers affiliate website:
MetroEast Home Vet Care
Affiliate ID: 4363
I put the affiliate ID where you told me. Seriously, this is just "moneky see, monkey do". I'll even copy the code, including the affiliate ID I inserted. Maybe there is more than one place to insert it?
(Oh, and this is just for grins - JustAnswer charged me an additional $19 and I never approved or rated anything. My colleague who recommended I get an affiliate box (he did this years ago, before it got rediculous like this) says he makes a good deal of money off of it, and his readers love it. That's the only reason I still have hope.)
Here's the code from my website, with the affiliate ID entered in.
Ask a Vet online
11 Veterinarians are Online Now
A Question is Answered Every 9 Seconds! Type your question here var maxCharCount = 1000; var showCharAt = 200; String.prototype.trim = function() { return this.replace(/^\s*|\s*$/, ""); }; function question_onfocus(t, e) { if (t.value.trim() =="Type your question here") { t.value=""; } return true; }; function question_onblur(t, e) { if (t.value.trim() =="") { t.value="Type your question here"; } return true; }; function limitText(limitField) { var limitCount = document.getElementById('countdown'); if (limitField.value.length > maxCharCount) { limitField.value = limitField.value.substring(0, maxCharCount); limitField.scrollTop = limitField.scrollHeight; } }
Looks like it truncated it? again:
Ask a Vet online
11 Veterinarians are Online Now
OK, this is not the code I am copying! it's like it's reading the code on the site. Damn this sucks. I made it a friggin word doc.

It is 4363, but knowing from using the banner or question box, you will not see any stats till you get a sale. The only way to track clicks to Justanswer would be in your analytics of the site.

You do not need to put the code anywhere else.

we wait.....