Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I'm working on a book in InDesign CS5. After placing the…

Customer Question
I'm working on a book...
I'm working on a book in InDesign CS5. After placing the page numbers, I decided I wanted a black background on the pages. It worked fine but the page numbers disappeared. I tried to fix the problem but now I have a mix of black pages without page numbers and pages with page numbers but which are white. I'm lost!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
I'm not an expert so I'll need precise step by step info. Maybe a phone # ***** have somebody to take me through the process. Thank you.
2/18/2016
Software technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 2 years ago
Pete, Computer Expert

Hi Paul,

To change the background for multiple pages, select those pages in the Pages panel, or select a master that controls the pages you want to change, then make the changes.

The page numbers may have disappeared if they were still in a black font, so you could still use a black background and change the page number font color if you wanted to...

Let me know if you have any further questions on this and I'll be happy to help :)

Pete.