Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I am 93 years old. I live alone, a widower. I want to erase…

Customer Question
I am 93 years...

I am 93 years old. I live alone, a widower. I want to erase all parental conytols from my Ma. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I live alone. I wanted to entered a porn site, rather attempted to and was denied because of parental control on this Mac.. My father died in 1935 , my mother in 1968, my wife in 1988 and I have no children...no need of parental control.

Technician's Assistant: Apple makes such lovely gadgets but they're still computers underneath. That's where the Mac Technician comes in really handy. Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?

Not at this moment.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
2/15/2016
Software technician: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Please go to Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Parental Controls., and disable it.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Here are the full steps:

1. Click on Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on System Preferences, then open Parental Controls

2. Then if needed, click on the lock icon at the bottom left to unlock it (and enter your computer's administrator password ***** prompted (leave it blank and OK if you don't have a password))

3. Then click on a user account name you want on the left

4. Then click on the gear icon near the bottom left, then select the option Turn off Parental Controls...

- If needed, please click on the website below and watch the video instruction there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsuF_Hi7dQE

, and also, here are the full instructions / illustrations:

http://osxdaily.com/2014/09/14/disable-parental-controls-mac-os-x/

- If needed, download and install the Mozilla Firefox application at the website below:

http://www.firefox.com/

, then quit Safari application,

, then open Mozilla Firefox application, and go to websites in Firefox application and see if it works fine in Firefox application.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.