Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Can someone help me to make a copy of a cd (not a store

Customer Question

Can someone help me to make a copy of a cd (not a store bought cd, but recorded live by someone for me) which is in a .cda format? I got so far as to "rip" them but do not know how to "burn" them to a disc. I have VLC media player open now which shows the files.
Category: Software
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joan, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name's Chris and I'll be happy to help you today.

Call me how you first ripped the CD? Did you do it through VLC? What steps did you take?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I think it was windows media player.
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Okay Joan, do you have any burning software that you're currently using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Okay, gotcha.

I think what we're going to need to do here is rip the CD as an MP3 instead of CDA files, and then burn it as a music CD.

Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

I know you said the CD was recorded live. Was it recorded as different tracks or as one long single track?