Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Can someone help me to make a copy of a cd (not a store

Customer Question
bought cd, but recorded live...
Can someone help me to make a copy of a cd (not a store bought cd, but recorded live by someone for me) which is in a .cda format? I got so far as to "rip" them but do not know how to "burn" them to a disc. I have VLC media player open now which shows the files.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
2/3/2016
Software technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 2 years ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi Joan, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name's Chris and I'll be happy to help you today.

Call me how you first ripped the CD? Did you do it through VLC? What steps did you take?

No, I think it was windows media player.

Okay Joan, do you have any burning software that you're currently using?

Okay, gotcha.

I think what we're going to need to do here is rip the CD as an MP3 instead of CDA files, and then burn it as a music CD.

I know you said the CD was recorded live. Was it recorded as different tracks or as one long single track?