Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I saw an online ad Photo Clip, was enthused and downloaded…

Customer Question
Hello ***** *****, my...

Hello ***** *****, my name is***** I saw an online ad for InPixio Photo Clip, was enthused and downloaded the Demo. When I tried to activate the demo, Norton virus protection honked the "avanquest.com" website as being dangerous. Is InPixio itself bogus, or have some black hats hacked the path from user (me) to vendor (InPixio)?

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

When I downloaded the demo version of "InPixio Photo Clip 6.0", installed it and started it, a scripted demo started. It did not allow me to actually operate the program, but offered an activation option. I clicked that, and got a message from Norton saying:

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/2/2016
Software technician: Chris Baxter, Programmer replied 2 years ago
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer

Hello!

As a matter of fact, this is a legitimate program ranked about even with microsoft services themselves as far as number of downloads and users. For more information on technical specifics of that program, see the following link:

http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/InPixio-Photo-Clip-Professional-97221-program.aspx

What is happening with your system is that avanquest.com actually uses a third-party cookie system, which will of course trigger your norton if the security settings are set properly. (Usually there is an "accept third-party cookies" button somewhere that will make that security message go away usually located in the browser, "Tools", "Internet Options").

Also, you may end up having a conflict if you are in Internet Explorer and have "smart screen filter" on while Norton has "anti-phishing" enabled. There is a known conflict there. I have included a screen shot of avanquest.com, you can see the cookie banner at the bottom, which seems to be a one-time only pop-up that can be blocked easily. Audials is also a known program as well that this company makes.

After reviewing all data available on the company and my prior known questions regarding them, I can say the software is real, but it will only likely do as it should, and possibly not a good job of it. Customer service is near non-existent for that company as I have seen a number of questions on how to contact them. There may be unexpected and unwelcome pop-ups in the software, or additional programs that you do not want or need installed as part of a "package". Just be careful to uncheck everything but the program you want to install when you do install, and give it a test run, if anything you can remove it, and the instructions are on the first page link above. :)

You should also be aware that Photoshop has more capabilities and equivalent capacity to manage your pictures. Please let me know if you have any further questions, and don't forget to accept and rate!

In your sentence "I can say the software is real, but it will only likely do as it should, and possibly not a good job of it". What does the phrase "but it will only likely do as it should" mean?Further, you wrote "You should also be aware that Photoshop has more capabilities and equivalent capacity to manage your pictures." This is crazy! Photoshop costs ~$700. "InPixio Photo Clip 6.0" costs somewhere in the $40 to $70 region.Please clarify,-TomH

It seems only designed to cut images, so I would not expect photoshop-level quality from it. Yes, I am aware the expense, if it is a one-time project there is a trial version available for photoshop, or there are free versions of similar software, it all depends on your need.

I'm sorry, "Chris Baxter"...Your responses lead me to suspect that English is not your first language. Your responses have not been helpful, please terminate this conversation.Respectfully,-TomH.

I did not realize I was speaking Japanse. I am sorry you found my answer unhelpful. I will opt out to allow others to assist you, since there is an obvious communication barrier. Good day, sir.

Software technician: Gary Jensen,
 replied 2 years ago
Gary Jensen

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

The best answer I can give you is that I would be wary about installing this. Please reference the following sites which discuss InPixio Photo Clip specifically and Avanquest in general:

In the BBB site, you need to click on the "View Additional Web Addresses" to see that avanquest is tied to Nova Development.

http://www.bbb.org/losangelessiliconvalley/business-reviews/computer-business-services/nova-development-corporation-in-calabasas-ca-13062768

http://www.amazon.co.uk/InPixio-Photo-Clip-Professional-PC/product-reviews/B00I36WDGW

http://inpixio-photo-clip.software.informer.com/

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, even if the software may be "legitimate," the ratings and reviews lead me to recommend that you avoid it and search for something else. Here is an article from PC magazine about different photo editing software and their recommendations. I hope this will help.

http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,2806,1639138,00.asp

Good luck. If you wish to discuss this with me further, please just reply.

Gary

Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen