Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I cannot download a Thematic Mapping Engine to our Google…

Customer Question
I cannot download a Thematic...
I cannot download a Thematic Mapping Engine to our Google Earth website for our world regional geog. class. A box comes up during the download(I have used Google Chrome and Firefox and get the same result), that states, engine failed. Please advise. Thanks.
Dr. Jack Kinworthy
Professor of Geography and Earth Sciences.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
1/30/2016
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That error message relates fairly obviously to some bug or error or configuration failure in the engine (that is, the supporting running program(s)) for the Google Earth display and/or the TME.

Has TME downloading worked for you before this?

If not, then you have some mismatch perhaps in TME installed program(s) - e.g., you may have a wrong version of DLL or a wrong version of plug-in or Add-On in the browser(s).

Does the error message come from the browser you are doing the download in?

I suggest one thing that sounds like a nothing, but may help: when downloading it, if you are doing the downloading in a browser, select to download to a file! on your hard disk. E.g. Save As rather than Run (if you were using Internet Explorer browser, it allows that choice.)

I say this because, if you are opening the TME in your browser, that may be where you are having the problem. You should use to browser to save the TME to a file, save it to hard disk, then open that file with Google Earth to display the nice statistical georgraphical graphing that TME is capable of.