Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have Acrobat Standard 9, boughtit, own the disk, have

Customer Question
documentation. Was told by...
I have Acrobat Standard 9, boughtit, own the disk, have documentation. Was told by popup that I had to uininstall and reinstall to continue to use. Managed to uninstall, cannot reinstall. Need help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
1/29/2016
Software technician: Shefin, Software Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Shefin, Software Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please go to the link below, download and run Adobe/ Acrobat uninstaller. After uninstalling, restart the computer.

Then, try installing the reader again.

If the issue persists, please let me access your computer, so that I can help you resolve the issue while you watch.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please download the uninstaller from the link below.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Not even close. As I said in my extended question, I have uninstalled it already and the problem may be in the installer software, which I tried to load after rebooting, as I also said.

Please go to the link below, download and install Acrobat Standard 9 from the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-8-9-product-downloads.html

Let me know the response.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

The response is the same as I got several times earlier, the program [not the installer, which works fine] stops installation at a certain file and asks me to verify that I have access to that directory. The choices are "ignore" and "retry" . If I say "retry", it stops again and askes the same thing. If I say "ignore", it goes on but stops at another file, asking the same thing, and the possible answers are only "retry", which doesn't work, and "exit", which cancels thE download. PLEASE READ THIS AND GIVE ME AN APPROPRIATE ANSWER OR GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK --- I ASKED THIS ORIGINALLY

Can I access your computer remotely and help you install the program while you watch?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

as long as I don't have to pay any more than I already have.

Please go to the link below, click I agree, download and run Elsinore Client software.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e3b701fa-4678-4c29-9993-b8234b2f28b9

Thank you.

S H E F I N

It seems like I have disconnected from the session. Can you go to the link once again, click I agree, download and run Elsinore Client software?

Thank you.

S H E F I N