Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Acrobat XI-Mac-Yosemite- I have and Acrobat file with

Customer Question
several pages that have embedded...
Acrobat XI-Mac-Yosemite- I have and Acrobat file with several pages that have embedded sound in them. I click the icon and the sound begins. HOWEVER, if I make any change at all in the file, such as editing a single letter of text, ALL sound files stop working.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
1/27/2016
Software technician: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com,my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Question, Is this happening only in the one acrobat file? If you start a new file, embed sound, and then add / edit some text. Does the sound stop working then?

Also, what repairs have you attempted? And when was the last time you remember that this file worked correctly on your mac ?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

I created several files several years ago for low-level readers. They need to hear the words. The issue happens with all of the files I created. I need to change the Copyright info on the file. However, if I make any change on any of the files, the sound clips stop working and the sound icons change. I've tried everything
I haven't tried starting new files. I just want to keep the old ones working.
Do you want me to send you one of the files?

I understand you need to get the old files working.

But as a test, to help me ascertain whether this is an issue with the files or an issue with your mac / adobe / settings etc .. could you make a new blank simple file. Add sound. then add text and see if the sound still works.

I wish I could say, yes. However, I would have to research how to do that again, and I'm in a time crunch. I'm glad to attach a file if you like.

Yes, if you could attach one of the files it would be helpful.

Or, you can use wikisend.com to upload a file and then send the download link here, in a reply.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Attaching here. Just a moment.
Now the Add files link doesn't open.
Oh. There it is. Good.
You'll see the sound icons starting on the second page. Click on one and the Play box opens, and the sound starts. However, if you edit any text at all, for example, deleting the current copyright info on the first page, the sound clips throughout the document stop working.

Thank you. One quick question. You said you were on a time crunch.

I have to leave for about 1.5 hours and then will be working for another 6 hours after that. Would it be ok if I got back to you in 1.5 - 2 hours. Or, would you prefer I opt out so someone else can review our conversation and try to assist you.

Why don't I try again tomorrow, Dustin. I hope I won't be charged. Can I count on that?
If you find a solution and want to contact me in 1.5-2 hrs, that's OK, too.

If I am unable to help you, you can request and will definitely receive a refund.

You may have been charged, you might not have. Theres no way for me to know that as I cant see your account details.

I will send you a message a bit later this evening when Ive had a chance to finish the update of acrobat dc, then test your file.

D.S

I was told that I would be charged $5 up front and then the whole $38 when the issue was resolved.

I cannot see your account details. If you have any questions about payment here is our customer service contact info. My help is focused on the technical aspects of this issue.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Dustin, I'm looking into other help options. Let's cancel this ticket if you can. I'll start over tomorrow. Thanks!
Can you initiate a cancellation? I would appreciate it. Leecy

Im very familiar with adobe, and our prices are more then reasonable.

But if you want to cancel , Here is the refund link.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

In the future if you are going to seek and request technical support, please be certain you want or need it. As our time is valuable as well.

best of luck to you!

D.S

Thank you, ***** ***** it had worked out. My time is valuable, too, so I understand. Leecy