Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I need to uninstall Symantec Endpoint in order to complete…

Customer Question
I need to uninstall Symantec...
I need to uninstall Symantec Endpoint in order to complete the Windows 10 upgrade. However, my laptop was given to me when I retired and I do not have the password ***** uninstall the application. The IT manager is no longer with the company so I can't retrieve the password. What options are available?
Thanks for you time
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
1/27/2016
Software technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 2 years ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi Steve, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

Sounds like you have a bit of a dilemma here. Removing the Symantec password ***** be kind of tricky. There are a few things we can try though.

Before we do anything though, can you tell me what version of Windows you're currently running? Also, what is the make/model of the machine?