Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Do you need To FORMAT AN UBS STICK OR IS IT PRE-FORMATTED?

Customer Question
Can I copy over ran...
Do you need To FORMAT AN UBS STICK OR IS IT PRE-FORMATTED? Can I copy over ran existing design
without being deleted? Can I delete designs on the stick? I recently purchased Editor Plus in BErnina software. CAn I extract designs from a CD on to a stick? Do I have to use new sticks or how many designs fit onto a stick? I would appreciate your response as soon as possible as this is new to me and I have a lot of questions.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
1/26/2016
Software technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi Karen, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Can you please tell me the exact name and version of the software that you are using where all these questions come from?

Also, are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

I am using Windows 7 and have installed the Bernina Embroidery system. The system includes some embroidery designs already in the system and I can download designs from the embroidery sticks. My new software, Bernina's Editor 7, is awesome and has many features such as Autodigitizing, Corel Draw,Monogramming and using various file transfer methods.My utmost interest is in file transferring so that I can copy existing documents an CDs and download them to a stick and then it tends up in my embroidery machine ready to sew out. I would appreciate your help as I am not a computer guru and have many questions. Thank you.

Hi Karen,

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Here are the answers to your questions:

=============

Most USB sticks are pre-formatted and ready to use. Thus, you can use yours immediately.

=============

Can I copy over ran existing design without being deleted?

NO, since copying "over" means overwriting the original design. Designs are stored on the stick drive as files so if you copy over, the original file will be replaced with the new file which represents the recent or new design. I highly recommend that you RENAME or NAME the new design with a new name and then save it to the memory stick. For instance, if your design is named "Florals"then you can save the new design as "Florals 1" or "Florals 2" etc to keep the original designs untouched.

============

Can I delete designs on the stick?

Yes, especially if these USB sticks are not locked for writing or read-only. The logic is, if you can save new designs on your stick, it means it is not locked which also means that you can delete designs from it as well.

===========

I recently purchased Editor Plus in BErnina software. CAn I extract designs from a CD on to a stick?

Yes, if you can identify the design files from the CD, then you can simply copy and paste them to any sticks.

===========

Do I have to use new sticks or how many designs fit onto a stick?

These depends on the file size of design files and the size of the memory sticks. With memory sticks now bigger in size, you can store several hundreds of design files in a single stick or several thousands. Do not worry, since when you copy a new file and the stick is full, you will be prompted saying that the disk is full.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess