Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

When I use Safari sometimes I get buffering but when I

Customer Question
switch to Chrome if's ok...
When I use Safari sometimes I get buffering but when I switch to Chrome if's ok. Can the browser be what causes buffering vs. the quality of the internet connection itself at times?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
1/24/2016
Software technician: Martin, Network Engineer replied 2 years ago
Martin, Network Engineer

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

Yes it's quite possible the browser is experiencing problems on its own.

Are you on Windows or OSX?

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,

mac 2011 macbook

Close Safari then go into your home folder and into Library and rename the Safari folder to Safari.old then open Safari again

ok

Test it out and see if it's any better

there's no library listed in my drop down list

Library is in your Home folder.

Do you know how to open a terminal window?

don't know what a home folder is

I sent you a request to start a remote session - you appear to have declined it

It would allow me to do it for you.

Alternatively open up a terminal window from Finder and I'll give you the command you need to type

can do the remote session right now

can't do remote session i mean..how do i do the terminal window

Go to Finder and type terminal

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist