Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

My issue is: I want to change in Word a font folders to “

Customer Question

My issue is: I want to change in Word a font for future folders to “ Segoe UI Semibold 12P”.
Computer I have is HP Pavillion Home PC Desk top. I have Windows 10. 4 weeks ago I paid Office Max $ 130.00 for MS Office 2016. I was on a card with the Product key on back of the card. I have been using it 4 weeks. I use Word and Excel every day.
I will label my chat issue #1 and #2 as of 1/22/16. .
#1) “The “Set as Default” does not work in the Word I bot and installed 12/17/16 4 weeks ago. I would especially like it when I select the Font to “Set as Default” would hold and of course hold in the Normal.Dotm. But after I reboot that is the proof it does no hold in either of those places. I will explain again with more detail in #2)
#2) The “Set as Default” item on the Word Menu does not hold the Font name as it normally should. After the computer has closed down and reboots that new Font should have held, so that when we open a new file that font should appear. Apparently it is not holding in the “Set as Default” and then in the “Normal.Dotm Template”.
Can you fix that issue?
I am Josephine
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is, Mike. It sounds like the issue is that you are setting the changes to the open document and not to all documents. See the link below for additional information:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2669939