Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Upgrade from Windows 8.0 to 8.1 not proceeding as I

Customer Question

Upgrade from Windows 8.0 to 8.1 not proceeding as I expected. I downloaded the 8.1 upgrade through the Windows store, and it completed. I was instructed to uninstall some printer-related software before updating to Windows, so I did so. That uninstall required restarting, so I did. When checking back to the Windows Store, I got a message indicating: "Windows is getting your upgrade to 8.1 ready -- you will be prompted to install Windows 8.1 soon. You can continue to use your computer normally."
That message has persisted for an hour, and I see no evidence that the computer is doing anything to advance the goal of getting 8.1 installed.
Advice?
Category: Software
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com
I have reviewed your question, and just want you to know, that I am working on an answer for you. In my searching for your answer, it may happen that I will need more information from you and I may reply back to you before giving an answer. Please check back often.