Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Pete! My name is ***** *****! :) I have a WordPress Loop

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Pete! My name is ***** *****! :) I have a WordPress Loop question. On my dev site, when someone clicks the link for an empty category, they get a page that says "No posts were found." I would like to know how to customize that message...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I would like to know where that text is found so I may change it. I believe its located in category.php of the theme, but I'm not seeing that text... I also checked function.php and archive.php
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Programming Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, I'm willing to wait. How much to wait?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Carlamere replied 1 year ago.

Hello Pete - My name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question. Can you zip up and send my your category.php file. The message to display empty content is typically configured there. I have found a link that describes this perfectly.

https://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Absolutely. This is the category.php file from my theme...

Hi Pete - Thank you for sending this to me. I have another question for you. Do you have any other files in your directory that has "category" in the name... for example - category-new.php ? and if so can you send me those... The reason I ask is because there is a loading order for the category.php files that wordpress uses. the standard category.php is loaded last if there are no other category files. Also - Can you send me your archive.php and index.php

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure thing! Here are the files from the index.php and archive.php files from the theme and category files from WP Includes. This is one tough nut to crack. I'd be happy to send you the website in question. Is there a way to cloak it??

Hi Pete - I'm gonna continue to look at this but I am going to opt out so that another expert can also take a look

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can you please give the URL of the website ? I can edit the theme files and change the line with the wordings you suggest. If interested please accept my additional services offer. Then we can contact privately and you can share the hosting control panel login details privately to me.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you! :)
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Okay, let me know when you need any assistance again.

Regards

Jins