Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have completed the smart scan but it has not removed

Customer Question

I have completed the smart scan but it has not removed noncampatible programs, still have popups (KNCTR, PC Keeper, Turbo Cleaner, Install Java, and others) My computer runs very slow and sometimes cannot get on a site due to interference with popups and other junk. What can I do? When I power up the computer and run smart scan it runs for hours trying to get rid of McAfee but never does.
Category: Software
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Gary. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can you tell me which browser your are using: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, for example?

What you are describing is a malware infection. Anti-virus programs are great for viruses but are much less effective

against malware. Go here: https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

and download the free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and install it. Run a scan of

your computer and remove any infections it finds.

I can connect to your computer and perform these actions for you and have made an optional offer to do so.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Gary. Is that scan still running?