Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

When I save a .dwg file to .pdf using acrobat 9 some text

Customer Question
fonts print fuzzy. Why?...
When I save a .dwg file to .pdf using acrobat 9 some text fonts print fuzzy. Why?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
1/4/2016
Software technician: Mr.Med, software engineer replied 2 years ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, software engineer

Hello and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, can you try to print your file using foxit please, you can download it from :

https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/

Hope this help, let me know the results

Thank you

Has everything worked out, do you still need help please?

I am not interested in taking on new software. Adobe acrobat 9 should work well with autocad 2007.
There must be another setting, or issue which is causing the text to look blurry after being converted to\
.pdf. It looks perfect in autocad, it even looks perfect when previewing the .pdf. It is only after creating the .pdf that the end product prints blurry.
Software technician: Jason Carlamere,
 replied 2 years ago
Jason Carlamere

Hello - My name is Jason. Have you tried to create the PDF directly from within you autocad program ?

To convert your DWG file to PDF from AutoCAD:

1. Open AutoCAD and click on the Autocad logo button then Open (or press Ctrl+O), browse for the dwg file you want to convert to PDF and click Open
  2. You can print to PDF either from the Model view (your working area) or by using a predefined Layout. Click on the Autocad logo then Print (or press Ctrl+P) and configure your printing options:
    a. In the Plot Area select what you want to convert : Display, Window, Layout or Extents
    b. Choose your paper type from the Paper size dropdown list and in the Plot Scale section select the scale of the printed drawing from the dropdown list
  3. From the Printer/plotter section select novaPDF
  4. Before converting the dwg file you can customize AutoCAD’s printing settings from the Properties button. To customize novaPDF’s printing settings, click on Properties->Custom Printing options from the Plot window
  5. Click on OK and choose a location where you want the PDF file saved
Thats exactly what I'm doing. I plot directly from autocad. The printer/plotter is set to DWG TO PDF.pc3
I've always done it this way. But only recently do I notice the blurred text during viewing.
Software technician: Jason Carlamere,
 replied 2 years ago

Hello - I apologize in advance if I suggest something that you have tried.

Have you attempted to solve the issue by increasing the PDF settings.

....Chose DWG to PDF.pc3

-Go to Properties

-device document settings tab

-Custom properties

-Increase resolution and capture all fonts.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist