Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

My computer crashed and I was not able to transfer my

Customer Question

My computer crashed and I was not able to transfer my InDesign CS6 program to the new one. I bought the program online in 2012 but never received a CD or DVD with the program and I turned in the receipt to the church (St. Edmund) where there is a search to see if we can find a serial number or something. My email is***@******.***.
Can you help me locate whatever I need from your records so that I can download it again without having to purchase it a second time?
Thanks.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Have you tried to check your emails if the old notification email when you bought the software is still there?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not there. I was told that I could download the program on to two computers but only downloaded it on mine.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Please check if you have an Adobe account and see if your CS6 was registered there. This is your only option to recover the installation files and the license or product key.

Please check this link:

https://accounts.adobe.com

Using your commonly used email address, please try to sign in to your Adobe account. See if your can login or not. If the error indicates that the email does not exists on their database, then you have no Adobe account.

Keep me posted.

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I'll try that. I thought I was contacting Adobe when I got you.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry about the confusion. You are contacting us here in JustAnswer.com.

If your sign in is rejected because of a forgotten password, that means your email address is already on file and you can just reset the password.

Please give that a try and let me know your results so that I can assist you further.

Regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I reset the password ***** checked the records. They don't have anything listed, but I'm sure I registered it when I got it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying. I guess you can't do anything for me. Have a happy New Year.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back and I believe you have bought a standalone product and not a subscription based license and that is the reason why there is nothing listed there.

Your only and last option is to check the old computer that crashed since there is a way to locate the product key if the system drive is still working.

Is that old computer still functional but not used? Or is it totally non functional?

Please let me know so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My own tech fixed the problem. Please cancel my account. Thank you.
Kathy Halfpenny***@******.***
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for writing back and I am glad that your own tech fixed the problem for you.

Thank you for using our service. If you need anything else later, please let me know. I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess