Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer
Experience:  Java, iOS, VB.net, SQL, C+, C++, Obj C
68869132

Are there experts in SquareSpace website development

Customer Question

Are there experts in SquareSpace website development platform? I need to get a video to play when someone initially comes to a website. After the 8 second video is over I would like the website to fade into the homepage of the site. Right now I have the file in a mp.4 file. Justanswer.com is not letting me upload the file so I can email the file directly to your email.

Thanks, Phil

Category: Software
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Simply a matter of a little code! See links for references!

http://answers.squarespace.com/questions/19913/play-video-full-screen-automatically-like-on-alder

http://answers.squarespace.com/questions/9065/redirect-to-another-page-in-my-site-after-submitting-a-form

Considering squarespace does not have a "redirect on event" trigger, you will want to create your own. The first link shows the code required for inserting the video, the second gives an example of what can be used as a trigger to redirect. In this case, once the "div" for the "Thank you" message pops, it redirects. You can do something similar. Say, "if embed video is no longer visible do this:"

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris,
Since I had not heard from anyone on Just answer for more than a day until you responded, I was able to find the link you sent before you sent it.
My son has not been able to get the video animation to work and am now reconsidering whether he wants to use it.
I am ok paying you a partial payment as you did put some time into this. I just don't think $36 is worth it since I found the same link on SquareSpace.
Let me know what you think is fair.
Phil

I cannot change what you pay here, I can submit your question for a refund at your request, just ask me to do so! :)