Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer
Experience:  Java, iOS, VB.net, SQL, C+, C++, Obj C
68869132

I'm using a accounting software built by a independent

Customer Question

I'm using a accounting software built by a independent programmer using DELPHI3CS. He no longer can provide the servce beucase he changed his carrier. The account software's date is limited to 2015 so when we create PO or invoice, cutting order and etc, we can only put until 2015's date but 2016 is not available. I was told this software is open source and hoping to find a way to fix this date issue.
Category: Software
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Can your independent programmer supply the code for your program? If not, we cannot see what changes may have been made to make the code work in your system, a simple date field issue such as this sounds like a programmer either wanted to be sure you would call back in 2016, or someone severely "humped the bunk" as it were. In either case, the only way we can even start to resolve this is with a look at the raw source code. Do you have that available?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I don't. is there any way to fix it with out it?

It is possible, but not without a look at your code. If you cannot get it, then unfortunately there is nothing we can do, short of dialing into your computer, and that would likely prove ineffective, and cost you more than you have already invested in this question!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how much would it cost to fix without the code?

I personally do not have a great deal of time for that project, but I am sure anyone who wants it can make you an offer on that one! I will go ahead an opt out to give them a chance! :)

I have charged up to $500 USD myself, good luck! :)