Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I am getting a message "Error accessing the system registry"

Customer Question
when I attempt to load...
I am getting a message "Error accessing the system registry" when I attempt to load some software.
can you help or direct me to someone who can?
thanks!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
12/20/2015
Software technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 2 years ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is***** - Computer Expert.

Please tell me which Windows version you are using, and if possible, the name of the program you are installing.

Thanks,

windows 7 and the program is Peachtree Accounting.

Thanks for the information!

If you are installing Peachtree Accounting from a CD, please copy all the contents from the CD to a new folder on desktop, and then right-click on the setup file and select Run as administrator.

Let me know if it will install.

I have tried to copy the CD but nothing happens. I am not tech savvy but if you can lead me through this I would appreciate it.
can this be fixed? this all started because of that Windows 10 crap.
thanks!

Hello again!

It is possible that the version of Peachtree Accounting you are installing is not compatible with Windows 10; however I could check that via remote desktop session. That way I will be able to see the problem myself and help you solve it.

Would you like that?

they tell me that it is not. so I purchase a computer running windows 7 and I am trying to now install it. when I try and copy the CD nothing is happening. what am I doing wrong?
why am I getting no assistance? is this all about more money?

Since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I suggest we establish a remote desktop session so that I can see the problem myself and help you directly.

Let me if you would like that.

the problem is that this is a stand alone system with no internet connection. I still am unable to insert the disk
and make a copy to the desktop. what am I doing wrong or is this bad advice?

How did you attempt to install the program the first time - via disk or some other way?

I just inserted the disc into the drive and then I received the message "error accessing the system registry".p.s. I think that I have a net gear up and running so maybe a remote can be done.
now it will not connect.

In order for me to connect to your computer, you need to download a remote desktop connection program and start it.

We can use TeamViewer. Here are the instructions:

1. Click on the link below to download it:

http://connect.teamviewer.com/v11

2. TeamViewer file will automatically start downloading. Once done, locate the file and double-click it in order to start it. The file is named TeamViewerQS

3. When started, you will see the blue TeamViewer window that contains numbers - ID and Password. Type those numbers here so that I can connect to your computer

Thanks,

I am unable to get a connection. I am back to trying to make the copy, or is that not a feasible solution?

I am not sure what the cause of the problem is. I suggested copying the files to a new folder on desktop and then installing the program.

Are you able to do that?

for five hours that is what I have tried to tell you. I could not make the copy. I was able to research the problem on the internet and they had me run the program through the start menu. I must say that you organization was unable to assist in any way whatsoever and I will demand a full refund. I wish that this had of been a more enjoyable experience.

Is the problem now solved?

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist