Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

Movie Maker has been my favorite program. Now I can not move

Customer Question

Movie Maker has been my favorite program.
Now I can not move from the project to complete-publish my movie. It will only play on media player. There is sound but no video. I can not burn a DVD. CAn you help me.
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

Most likely, your current version of Movie Maker is 6.0. You can upgrade to MovieMaker 2012, which is the version that comes with operating systems after Windows Vista. In fact, with Windows Vista support coming to an end soon, I would consider upgrading to at least Windows 7 in the near future. If you do that, you will still have movie maker, and you can be certain that it will work since it is designed for use with Windows 7 and Windows 8. Here is the link to the Movie Maker 2012 download:

http://bitli.es/jpJ1YF

That's worth trying. What can happen on the older operating system is that security updates can break applications. Since that version of the application isn't updated, it isn't likely to be fixed. But the new version should still work for you. Let me know how you make out and if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike:
Can you help me with the download of Movie Maker 2012?
Could we do it by phone if there is no long distance charge?
Nancy Svenson

You should have the ability to request a phone call on your screen. If you select that, it will put an alert on the question that you are waiting for a phone call. It will also give you a private place to enter your phone number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For now I will try only on line chat with you to help me with the problem. I did go to the movie maker 2012 download page. I am confused as to what I should do to upgrade and if my computer will handle the upgrade. I am wondering if I should just get a new computer and begin fresh. Can we work online to solve my problem? Does this all come under the $36 I have been charged?
Nancy Svenson

Nancy, if I new computer is a possibility, I think that's a great idea. Vista systems are quite old. And now is a great time to get a new computer - with deals that are going on before Christmas. Our chat falls under your deposit, yes. Just please remember to rate my level of service using the OK, Good, or Excellent rating icons. That will keep your question with me, so you can come back and reply to me - otherwise your question goes back into the open question pool.