Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

We use Epicor ledger reporting and one output mode is pdf

Customer Question
We use Epicor for general...
We use Epicor for general ledger reporting and one output mode is pdf (others are Excel, Word, CSV).
The Adobe pdf output takes the longest to download. How can I increase the speed to get the pdf reports to come up? Is there a setting a can change to maximize speed?
Also, some users randomly get a "spinning wheel" at times where the pdf never comes up or takes forever. I never have this problem.
Any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
12/19/2015
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If Epicor Enterprise is running on a server machine (I presume it is), then you might need to look at the hardware in the server - specifically, the

- CPU speed (and CPU type)

- amount of installed RAM memory (esp. if the server runs Windows ... with Linux this doesn't matter 1/3 as much, at all.)

- speed of hard disk on which Epicor software is installed.

Generating PDF files seems to take quite a while; some PDF forms are very complex, and if they are generated in the server machine and then transmitted to a client computer, this can involve a lot of bandwidth, with some PDF content and some PDF types, which get to the distinctly huge in size. So you also need to consider, on your network:

- the speed of network throughput, esp. when the network is fairly busy.

All the factors mentioned can limit processing of such client-server software and transmission of results.

Russell H., Computer Support Specialist